The Nature's Valley Ratepayers Association stand in service of its members and look
after the interests of Nature's Valley
The Nature's Valley Ratepayers association was established in 1964 to serve as a
body in service of the the ratepayers and look after their interest.
The N.V.R.A. has grown into a streamlined well managed organisation making use of
the vast experience of its committee members and running the association using the
latest business acumen and project management methodologies.
An excellent association has been built up with the Bitou Municipality, SAN
parks and the Nature's Valley Trust, with whom there is a constant striving
to make Nature's Valley a better place for all who live there and to maintain the
nature reserve like environment for which Nature's Valley has become famous.
The portfolios are as follows:
- Chair: Jeanner Biesenbach.
- Vice chair persons: Ina Brand en Doug Blaine
- Treasury: Abrie du Toit
These four people are responsible for the day to day running of the NVRA as
well as taking decisions between meetings.
- Administration and canvassing: Jeanne Biesenbach
- Built environment: (Building regulations, plan recommendations, notice boards,
zoning and sub-divisions.) Jeanne Biesenbach, Stef Naude, Marina Niven, Di Woode,
Jan Strydom (co-opted, Bertie van Zyl (co-opted)
- External communication: Bitou Residents Affiliation, Covie, Tsitsikama Forum)
Ina Brand, Marina Niven, Engela Muller, James Martin.
- Infrastructure: (Water, electricity, roads, sewerage, waste management) Doug
Blaine, Juan ke Roex, Roe Venter, Johan Grobbelaar. Frans Wagener (co-opted), Nico
Loretz (co-opted), Geoff MCIlleron (co-opted) Frans Kapp (co-opted).
- Contractual National Park Management committee: James Martin, Chairman for
the NVRA, Bitou representative, SAN Parks representative.
- Environment (Liaison with the NVTrust, Open Spaces Committee, Estuary Committee)
Michael Perlman, James Martin, Engela Muller.
- Safety and Security: (Liaison with Police, Security companies and trafic
department) Peter Harpur, Antoinette Pieterse
Grootrivier pass: Juan le Roex, Ina Brand
Munisipale Belastings: Gordon Paterson
Toerisme Opname: Ina Brand, Antoinette Pieterse